Daniel Galmiche has had a passion for food since childhood, when he first tasted healthy and natural produce on the farm belonging to his grandparents. Upon declaring that he wished to become a ‘cuisinier’ at just five years old, his father immersed him in the complete field to fork experience by taking him hunting.
Fast-forward to the present day and Daniel is a world-renowned chef and ambassador of Norwegian Fjord Trout, one of the most unique and natural ingredients available.
Nurturing his natural talent
- Daniel Galmiche began his career at the gourmet restaurant, Chef Yves Lalloz, Luxeuil-les-Bains
- In 1977, Daniel Galmiche came to London to work at the famous Le Gavroche, under the tutelage of the Roux Brothers.
- He then moved to Knockinaam Lodge in Scotland in 1986 where he stayed for seven years and achieved his first Michelin star.
- Daniel then took his talents abroad to Singapore and Portugal before returning to the UK where he received a Michelin star at Harveys Bristol, and maintained Michelin stars at L'Ortolan, and Cliveden House
- He also worked at Forburys hotel Reading, and by 2009 was Grand Chef at The Vineyard, a luxury 5* hotel in Stockcross, Berkshire
- Daniel won the Rising Chef Trophy in 2011 from Relais et Chateau Worldwide
- In 2016, Daniel left the Vineyard to design a new menu for 190 Queens Gate at The Gore Hotel in Kensington, showcasing his authentic French cuisine with a British twist
“Fjord Trout is pure, it is delicate, it is amazing”