A chef of impeccable taste
One could say that Michel Roux Jr’s entire life has been directed by his love of flavour. As a child he hid under the kitchen table while his father cooked for the Cazalet family, as a teen he left school to train as a patisserie chef, and in 1991 he took charge of his father’s restaurant, Le Gavroche.
Michel Roux Jr is a true connoisseur with excellent taste and a keen eye for the finest ingredients – traits that have earned him not one, but two Michelin Stars – so we are thrilled that he has chosen to become an ambassador for Norwegian Skrei
A life led by flavour
- Michel Roux Jr was born in 1960 in Pembury, Kent.
- His father, Albert Roux, worked as a private chef for the Cazalet family
- Albert Roux opened Le Gavroche in 1962
- Michel Roux Jr left school at 16 to pursue a career as a chef, starting with patisserie. He studied at Maître Patissier, Hellegouarche from 1976-79
- After training at the Elysée Palace and the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong, Michel Roux Jr took over the running of Le Gavroche in 1991
- Roux at Parliament Square opened in in May 2010
- Roux at The Landau opened in November 2010
- Michel Roux Jr and Albert Roux announced an exclusive partnership with The Langham, London to operate all food and beverage outlets at the hotel in May 2015
- Michel Roux Jr and his cousin, Alain Roux, took over from their fathers as Co-Chairmen of the Judges for the prestigious Roux Scholarship in 2016
I am proud and honoured to be an Ambassador for what I consider to be one of the finest products of the sea... the delicate, sublime taste of Skrei cod is second to none. It is a truly sustainable fish with a unique legacy, which adds value to an already extraordinary product