You could say that Simon inherited his love of food from his father, who is also one of Britain’s most respected chefs. Simon says that when he was growing up, cooking was an opportunity for them to spend quality father and son time together.
Simon’s passion for finding the best seasonal produce and his ability to present food beautifully on the plate has led to a prestigious career filled with awards – in fact, Simon has represented the UK on more than 20 occasions.
Today, Simon is Chef Proprietor at The Elephant in Torquay, where he was awarded Torquay’s first Michelin Star in 2006. Simon is known for sourcing his ingredients from the most reputable sources, so it gives us great pleasure to announce that he is now an ambassador for Norwegian Cod.
Stirring up success
- Simon was awarded the Roux Scholarship in 2003
- In 2005, Simon’s restaurant, The Elephant, was awarded three AA rosettes.
- The following year, the restaurant was awarded Torquay’s first Michelin Star
- In 2008, Simon was awarded National Chef of the Year
- Simon is currently English and British ‘Culinary Team Captain’ for both the Olympics and the World Cup