This is the perfect way to showcase the vibrant colour and delicate flavours of Fjord Trout. The cured fish can also be sliced and frozen in advance of functions, or it will keep for 7 days.
• Lay the Fjord Trout skin side down on a large piece of cling film. Mix together the salt, sugar and coriander seeds and sprinkle over the flesh side of the fish, then finish with a little pepper.
• Wrap in clingfilm and put flesh side down in a small baking tray. If you are making two batches, lay the fillets on top of one another, if not, lay a small tray and similar weights to the fillets on top.
• Refrigerate to cure for 8 hours, depending on the thickness of the fish, turning often.
• When cured, remove from the fridge and carefully rinse under cold water to remove the excess cure, then pat dry.
• Slice thinly and arrange on serving plates, topping with tender celery and coriander leaves, apple batonnettes, seasoning and olive oil.
• Drizzle over a little lime juice, only at the end before serving.