Vietnamese salads are all about being fresh and light. Raw vegetables, torn herbs and a delicious dressing deliver hot, sweet and sour all in one dish. The rich salmon flavoured with soy and ginger complements this perfectly.
- Mix together the soy, mirin, ginger and garlic, add the salmon fillets and set aside for 10 minutes whilst you make the salad.
- Put the noodles in a bowl, stir in the radishes, cucumber, chilli and lime zest. Mix together the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar and toss into the noodles with the herbs. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Line a grill pan with foil and grill the fish for 5-6 minutes until just flaking. Or cook on a barbecue.
- Heat a splash of vegetable oil in a frying pan until hot, add the shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve the salad topped with a piece of salmon, scattered with peanuts and crispy shallots.
You can use 120g dried vermicelli reconstituted according to the pack instructions in place of the ready prepared.