Created by Thibault Tournaire as part of the 2014 SKREI
Espelette pepper sauce
- For the breadcrumb crust finely chop the sage and grate the bergamot oranges in a bowl. In a frying pan, melt butter and stir in the breadcrumbs and the mixture sage/bergamot oranges.
- Spread a thin layer between two sheets of baking paper and refrigerate and when the breadcrumb crust is cold, cut out rectangles to the size of the Skrei fillets.
- For the Espelette pepper sauce, finely chop the shallots and sweat them. Add the white wine and reduce until dry. Add the cream and reduce once again over low heat for 10 minutes. Sieve through a fine strainer, add the Espelette pepper and adjust seasoning.
- To make the mashed “ratte du Touquet” potatoes first peel and cook the potatoes in lightly salted water. Strain after cooking and roughly mash the potatoes with a whisk. Over heat, add the salted butter, the hazelnut oil and the crushed hazelnuts. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Next, season the fillets with salt/pepper/olive oil. Give some color to the fillets by putting them skin side down in a frying pan over strong heat for 3 minutes. Put the fillets in the oven at 160°C for 10 minutes. Take the fillets out of the oven, remove the skin and place the rectangles of breadcrumb crust neatly on top of the portions of Skrei. Then place the fillets under the grill for two minutes.
- Finally pile the “ratte du Touquet” potatoes on the plate, serve the fish on top and arrange the green shiso sprouts and pepper sauce.