Cooking in a water bath reveals the true flavour of Fjord Trout and it is just superb. Served with a simple courgette salad and punchy sauce vierge, this is an elegant and popular dish.
• Pour the oil into a small saucepan and briefly warm over a low heat for about 30 seconds.
• Add the shallot and cook for 2 minutes, remove from heat and gently stir through the tomato. Add vinegar and lime juice, and just before serving stir through the parsley.
Norwegian Fjord Trout
• Brush each Fjord Trout pavé with oil and pepper. Wrap in cling film and tie up both ends, then cook in a water bath at 60oC for 5-6 minutes • While the Fjord Trout is cooking, grill the courgette ribbons in olive oil, salt and pepper.
• Remove from the water bath and cut one side of the film, pat dry, brush with oil and pepper, then pan-fry on the skin only in a non-stick pan.
• After 2-3 minutes, when golden brown, serve pink in the middle and you will see those lovely flakes just sliding through the fork pressure.
• Drizzle the with the sauce vierge and serve with grilled courgettes.