This recipe is inspired by the classic Fish 'n Chips. With pea purée it makes easy seem so exclusive.
1. Boil potatoes. Cut the fish into minor pieces and place in a food processor with salt. Process until a smooth paste forms. Mash the potatoes and finely chop leek and parsley. Have this is the food processor with milk and taste with salt and pepper.
2. Pea purée
- Boil the peas tender, take out of water and mix with finely chopped peppermint and the other ingredients.
- Use a handblender to make purée and taste with salt and pepper.
3. Tempura batter
- Put beer and flour in a bowl and stir to a thick, smooth batter. For the tempura to be crispy and light you're better off using the batter right away.
- Heat oil in a big pan or deep fryer. Use a spoon to make little patties. Dip them in the tempura batter, make sure they are all covered.
- Fry until golden all around the edges.
- Drain the patties on paper towel.
- Serve the fried patties with pea purée and slices of lemon.